Thread: Bebook question
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnareAcademy View Post
Interesting! Of the two books with pictures I checked yesterday, both transferred through mobireader, one had well dithered images, while the other ended up with far too white pictures. In both cases MobiReader made the pictures too small though.

This wikipedia article is a good read to understand dithering:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dithering
that is consistent with my results as well. Images are far to black or far to white, the contrast is exaggerated to the two ends of the spectrum. Dropping the contrast improves this a bunch. Take your two images and place them on the device as images and then use the image viewer to view them where you can play with the brightness and contrast and you will see what I mean.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote