Thread: Think about it
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #6
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
I've only read series that got worse after the first three books, and sometimes sooner. If the very first book in a series leaves me cold, I move on. I do try to finish every fiction book I start, but series take up a lot of reading time, so I'm more willing to drop out when they stop entertaining me. (Not counting series that consist of standalone books, like Jack Reacher or Brother Cadfael.)

Dazrin mentioned the Dresden Files. I have the books, but haven't gotten into them yet because a friend said the same thing Dazrin mentioned: the first few books are the author trying to find his voice, as she put it, and then the series improves dramatically. I haven't found the motivation yet to slog through three or four books before the series "really" starts. But one day!
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote