Thread: Decision points
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Unfortunately, Bush originally promised that Decision Points would explain and disclose, but instead it is a dismissal and an apologia. Of all books written by former presidents, this one is the least worth buying and/or reading.
I agree with this. I've read many books by former presidents and Decision Points is the most trite IMO. It's not a question of whether or not I agree with Bush's politics, it's that the book doesn't deliver the drama. There are no truly "quotable" passages, no moments that made me raise my eyebrows in surprise.

I do believe that he wrote it himself, as the sentence structure is somewhat repetitive, which is something you'd expect from a person who doesn't write nonfiction for a living. Not that there is anything wrong with a famous person writing his own books; I'm just saying it does seem as though a non-professional writer did the job.