View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #8
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Always?

This would force the author to avoid writing anything that the publisher, or a literary executor, didn't like. I would distrust an author who sold out their intellectual independence in this manner.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything, and, in the US, defendants can hardly ever get their legal bills reimbursed, even if they win by what amounts to a landslide. Even fiction authors sometimes are sued by someone imagining themselves to be a particular character. Lawsuits are, in my country, a risk you take when you speak out. The risk you take, if you get everyone you are writing about to authorize your book, is that no one, but them, will read it.
This was good, Steve, thanks.

In another forum someone said I needed to 1)consult a lawyer 2)get written permission from the other author 3)compensate the author 3)have the author approve of my book before publishing.

I agree with you. Thanks for bringing some sanity to the table.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote