View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 11:00 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
The screen refresh sometimes seems very "odd" to a new e-ink user. The front lighting on the current models makes it seem even more noticeable. After a new user has just used the device to read for a few days, that odd "flash" becomes less noticeable.

I used a non-lit Kindle from 2009 to whenever the first Paperwhite was released. I wasn't sure I was going to care for the more noticeable "flash" but after a couple of days, I stopped noticing it.

We always advised new users to just read. I can't recall anyone coming back to the forum and saying they decided to return the Kindle because they couldn't tolerate the screen refresh. (This was on the old Amazon forums)
Agreed. Personally I prefer the full refresh every page so the text stays the sharpest, and at first the constant flashing bothered me. After a week or so I stopped noticing it altogether.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote