View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A runtime check would make a library inaccessible, when, as you correctly point out, only a few books in the library might suffer from the actual issue. As a user I certainly would not like being suddenly unable to access my library in calibre because I moved the library folder.

Placing calibre libraries deep inside folder hierarchies on windows is simply not a good idea, and is not something I wish to encourage. As for including it in your suite of programs you can do so by simply installing it into a temp directory and moving it after install. Though again, I certainly dont recommend that you do that, because it will mean things will break for you r users if they use books with long titles/authors.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote