View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
L.J. Sellers
Novelist
L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't think traditional book publishing is going away. E-books still only have 8% of the market. Everything is changing, and hardback books will take the biggest hit and eventually be found mostly in libraries and classrooms. Mass market paperbacks are in trouble too with declining sales. But digitally published trade paper fiction will be around for a while.

I just found this quote from a presenter at BEA: "One of the big six publishers told me that in five years 60% of all business will be e-books."—Esther Newberg, executive v-p, International Creative Management.
L.J.

Last edited by L.J. Sellers; 05-26-2010 at 10:15 AM.
L.J. Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote