View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
I checked "never", but as the years have gone by I have learned that my expectations should be lowered so, really, I should have check "Always" as I always expect the movie to be a poor rendition of a novel.

It is quite impossible to make a marketable movie of a true novel length book. The book will contain way way way too much story to every fit in a single movie, given the ~2hr upper limit for a marketable movie.

Star Wars accomplished something similar by creating 3 movies to tell one novel's worth of storyline.

That said, I have occasionally seen short stories successfully translated into movies. There, the storyline can fit into the limited length of a movie. I've also seen some good movies that were derived from longer works, but were in no way faithful and/or complete replications of the books narrative.

Last edited by dwig; 11-19-2017 at 04:22 PM.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote