View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #14
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
The code is setup to be used as contentLister by hacking start.sh to start it instead of the iRex stuff.

My major concern with posting it is that iRex still hasn't released the !@#$ field re-flash tool and someone might try to use the code to get the fast boot times and brick their iLiad in the process...
Oh, I see. Yes, that's a reasonable concern. Would it be possible for you to PM me a link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
I have a Java email viewer coming in the next couple of days that is an add on to the existing kit of viewers. I've written it from scratch with an eye to e-Ink usage and small memory foot print. It is also an excellent example of using all the buttons to produce a UI on the iLiad using Java.
Very, very cool.

Edit: You mentioned earlier (perhaps in another thread) that Java on the iLiad is proscribed from writing to the toolbar region. Now, bear in mind that I know nothing about Java, so this may be a stupid suggestion, but... in C, using GTK, you can make a fullscreen call and Matchbox will hide the toolbars for you. However, if Java is still prevented from actually writing to that part of the screen, I guess that wouldn't help...?

Last edited by jharker; 05-29-2007 at 12:08 PM.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote