View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 02:43 AM   #64
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Well in the long run we don't actually get to keep anything forever. We pay for the convenience of having things at our fingertips or available for our use. I am happy with media etc. to be able to read the books, watch the shows, play the games etc. even though I am by nature a collecting kind of person and would be overrun with physical objects if I was to follow my inclinations. Probably be on hoarder TV.

I do take pleasure in having things but whether I am renting, leasing etc. only comes into play when I would be saving money or adding other value through ownership.

I think I am just as happy and have always been just as happy reading a borrowed book as one I bought. Never even gave it a thought for most of my life, and still don't unless someone brings it up on MR. Just weird I guess.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote