View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #847
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Coolreader intermittently crashes, and sometimes won't open books.

I'm using a Nexus 7 tablet running Android 4.4.2, build KOT49H

Coolreader is 3.1.2-34

Periodically, while reading and epub, at page flip I get a popup that Coolreader has stopped. I can usually restart it and it will come up some number of pages behind where I was. How many appears not to be consistent. I can generally refind my place and continue reading until it crashes again.

Also, Coolreader refuses to open some epub books. I can open them in Aldiko, Mantano, Moon, and FBreader, but some books will not open in CR. If I go into Calibre, convert the book from epub to fb2, save the fb2 version, convert that back to epub, and load the new epub on the Nexus using a different filename, it will usually open with no problem.

Neither of these is consistent, and I haven't seen any pattern in what will and won't open, or anything that appears to be different and would cause a crash.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote