View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #14
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
Oh yes, I did nc Lvm 192.168.15.244 -e /bin/sh but no luck! Just to say that I tried my best not to be spoonfed (as I don't like those who are like that) and I worked my *bum* off... But not having access to my Linux for time being, doing all these debricking operations in Windows is a catch!

Anyway, next I tried the following RUNME.sh script:
Code:
mntroot rw
echo "it works!" > /mnt/us/test.txt
factory_reset
mntroot ro
Here, 2nd line is just to see if the script is called. Then I put the data.tar.gz file in /mnt/us/. Exit from USB in diags mode, rebooted Kindle, didn't unplug the USB cable, and ... it didn't work. I can confirm that coming back to diags mode and seeing my USB, the RUNME.sh is not run!!!

Oh please don't disclose your secret jailbreak method until ... you know what I mean. Also, guess what geekmaster?! You're awesome.
I have multiple secret jailbreaks (I have been busy). I will burn the one most likely to get "fixed" when they fix ixtab's jailbreak (depending on how thorough they are).

On the k4nt, diags gives you everything you need, but on the Touch, it needs a little "jailbreak" type of help to run RUNME.sh or to start a command shell. I have a working reverse shell, but that does not give you a command prompt, so it can be a little confusing about when your should type a command. I *almost* have SSH running, and that will also allow using vi or nano to edit scripts in the kindle.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-21-2012 at 12:58 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote