View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
what i want to do is merge a lot of the smaller mobi files into a single mobi file but have a TOC for all the books that have been merged.this would mean i can access any book from the TOC at the start of this megabook.
An interesting idea. I don't think there is any tool out there which will do this. I think the best manual way to do it would be to use MobiUnpack to get HTML from the Mobipocket books, and then merge all those files manuallly with a good text editor, and manually add a TOC for the whole omnibus edition yourself at the front.

Illustrations would need a little more care, to first give a unique path the the illustrations from each book.

I suppose even a script to automatically do all that, so that it's ready to be processed by KindleGen is possible. But I'm not drawn to write it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote