View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #14
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I proofread manuscripts on my 350 so I have hundreds of highlights and annotations on it. Haven't noticed a slowdown.

You might try doing a soft reset. It's possible there is a random OS thread running that's slowing things down.
I am really curious. I have spoken to many users and everyone has complained about delays when having many notes - you are the first one I hear saying otherwise. And I have tried everything, including resets. Finally, I am sure it is the notes - if I delete them from the device, things to back to full speed. Also, I know it's not a defective device issue - I had two different PRS900s and I just got a new PRS950. They all slow down.

Could it be because of format? Most of my annotations are on PDF files. I don't see why it would make a difference...

Or sheer quantity? You say you have 'hundreds'. I know on 200 or so PDFs, I had over 1,500 notes and annotations. At that point, the device was unusable. But I noticed a slowdown even earlier...

In any case... I deal with it by transferring all files to my PC nowadays and deleting stuff from the device as soon as I read it.

But yes, it is disappointing.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote