View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 PM   #30
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I think you should go try the Mobi Download Guide. Then you'll understand why I want to do something similar with the 1150 (if it is technically possible).

I did understand that Linreb was required. It's just that I just got By Schism Rent Asunder so you're not getting my full attention.
I did try using the PC Mobipocket Reader to "fetch" an ebook from the Mobipocket Download Guide a while ago, but it timed out half-way through and failed. Even if I don't have a Mobipocket hardware reader, I understand how it works.

I think instead I would use the html file that was used to create the Mobipocket Download Guide. So BEFORE converting it to .prc (or .imp) Linreb would get from here that html file (with descriptions and links to all .imp ebooks) and send the html file to be displayed on the EBW1150. Then the user would navigate the pages on the reader and when they saw an ebook of interest, they would just click the link in that html file.

That would request the .imp file from the internet but as the ETI servers don't accomodate such requests, the Linreb program would do so; but in a sneaky way. It would intercept that requested .imp file and then go out and get it and place it in the 'shelf' directory on the local machine. There would then be a message displayed on the EBW1150 that should ask the user to request a new Bookshelf (by pressing the Online Bookshelf icon). The Linreb program would then look at the 'shelf' directory and see that newly downloaded ebook and send the updated booklist to the EBW1150. Once the user sees that requested .imp in the Online Bookshelf, they would click it again and have it transferred in. And repeat!

A lot of these terms are specific to the EBW1150 way of transferring ebooks and may not yet be intuitive for you. It's Ok if you're not 100% involved in this project, since we all get distracted with other issues every so often...

Thanks for helping me 'crystalize' what is needed here to make this work! You're a great sound board to bounce (written) thoughts off of!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote