View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #17
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Is there a reference manual for this client on the web. I found the Allegro FTP documentation, but not this HTTP one.By local "Librarian" you mean the proxy server program (like Linreb or GEBLibrarian).I've served up static html files in the 'content' directory that the reader accesses when displaying 'bookshelf.ebooksystem.net/content/' requests, but no surfing was allowed; even tried the google home page.
I don't know anything about Allegro HTTP client.
Yes, for Librarian I meant the proxy server + local HTTP server.

If you already served static HTML files to the reader and it rendered it ok, then you've done all I did before. If a link in that file pointing to google doesn't work from your reader, I'd say it has something to do with your proxy settings or Linux box (I've worked on XP) or some kind of network related issue (DNS, URL redirection, etc). Try using direct links with full IP addresses (that don't require DNS requests).
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote