View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnforpaul45 View Post
Scrapking, thank you so much for your generous offer to pick one up for me! I will seriously consider it.

I fully agree: Kobo has a BIG chance. It's a big earth, and there's a lot more Free Market out there besides the U.S. Being a firm believer in the power of the free market (no desire to start a political argument there), I fully welcome all the competition that Kobo can bring to Amazon and B&N. Bring it on, I say! Kobo needs to bring in that capital and then attack the U.S. market. They have great hardware, now it's time to bring in some great software. Start hiring some software developers and get cracking! Stay nimble, and go for it!

With Amazon phasing out the DX in the near future, I think it would be wise of Kobo to come out with a 9.7" eReader one of these days, but only after its a safe bet to do so.
You have until Thursday night to make a decision, and since we've had this public dialogue about it and since we'll be using PayPal you'll have some protection. I'm probably going to snag an extra one or two as gifts anyway, so one more would be no big deal.

The Kindle DX is an interesting beast, thanks for pointing it out to me (I'd never looked at it before). If you could read in landscape mode then it would actually be pretty nice. Otherwise I don't think I would enjoy it, I prefer reading text on my Kobo Vox (7") versus my iPad (10" or so) because my eyes don't have to travel back and forth so far on the 7" screen. The Kobo Glo will be my first 6" screen, and it'll be interesting to see how it compares to a 7" one.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote