View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Since no one has Fire HD
Many folks have the Fire HD. Automatically creating collections or updating metadata is still is not as easy as Sony devices. The Fire HD uses MTP to connect over USB so you need Linux or Windows 7 to connect to the device via USB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intwtl View Post
I am looking at the Sony T2 or the Kindle Fire HD.

As I use Calibre on my existing PRS-500 with no problems I am somewhat concerned if the Kindle Fire HD has the same capabilities.
If you have Windows XP or a Mac sideloading books onto a Kindle Fire HD isn't straight forward.

I decided a long time ago I wouldn't go with a brand other than Sony until calibre was as well integrated with another device as it is with Sony devices. If you're open to a buying a tablet I would recommend the Nexus 7. Using the Calibre Companion (wireless router required) Android app I have integration with calibre as tight as I do with any of my Sony devices. This is because one of the developers for this app was the major developer of the calibre integration of Sony devices with calibre.

By default you would have the ability to group by Title, Author, Series, Tags, Publisher or any User Category (you can use custom columns here) and within each group be able to sort by Title, Author, Series, Date or Date read. This app can launch your books in your favorite reader app. I use Moon+ Reader and even though my eyes are very sensitive to backlit screens I was able to easily find a setting that allows me to read on the Nexus 7 without eye strain. Read this post for everything Calibre Companion can do.

Good Reading!

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-29-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Added HD for clarification
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote