Old 01-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Thanks for the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
Zoom button does work, and so does TTS. However, with the zoom button you lose pagination – if you enlarge the page too much, the beginning and end of each line end up outside the viewable area.
Zoom button is a good thing to have if there's no zoom with stylus, which in my opinion is totally stupid not to have (even iRex had it).

Quote:
Also, without reflow a change in page moves to the next page, not to the next section in the same page – there is a useful “map” of where you are in the page in the bottom left corner of the screen. Not so if you use the reflow, which at least for the files I could see works perfectly.
This is again really stupid, I own a DR800 and only hacked versions of firmware allow continuous scrolling. It's just annoying when developers don't think or don't want to implement that. Are you sure you did not miss an option that allowed you to move to the next section on a page and not to the next page?

Quote:
As for annotation, you can call up the “note” function with the quick menu, but all you can do is select a portion of the text.
Selecting a portion of a text is not annotation Hope they would implement the ability to write notes and draw with the stylus in the future, or my money would not go to them.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote