View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 10:43 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I'm not so sure that eReader competition is the issue so much as eBookstore competition is. I suspect that any eReader where you can't buy new books on the device and have them automatically download is going to end up a niche product.
You can buy books from PocketBook's Store (or other associated book stores in Europe). It looks like they've added English titles recently (but they're still definitely in the minority).

You can also buy books from any ePub store via the PocketBook's browser (even from Kobo or Google). The easier way, however, is to buy via your computer (or tablet or smartphone) and use the Send-to-PocketBook feature (app on the device). When you register with PocketBook you get an email address (much like you do with a Kindle) so you can just buy an ePub eBook from anywhere, download the .ascm file and send that to your PocketBook. Since PocketBook has Adobe built-in, it can use the .ascm file to download the book directly. (You can also just copy the .ascm file to your PocketBook via a USB cable.) All three of these methods work with Overdrive as well.

PocketBook also gives you Cloud storage that allows you to upload any book (from any source) and it will sync to your various PocketBook devices. There's also a built-in DropBox app — which I haven't used yet.

So lots of choices.

Last edited by rcentros; 05-03-2021 at 10:46 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote