View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #14
cyttorak
cyttorak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Unhappy

More than wifi what I try to avoid is to have to create a account or vinculate my device with another account.

I know I have already did it when I bought my Kobo mini, but It was a nasty surprise. Yes, after that you can ignore your account, but It is still mandatory create one to start, and I suppose it would be the same with Amazon.

The only reason that I still consider to buy a Kobo is because at least they already have my data :_

But I would be huge happy with a small ereader that respect my privacity and do not force me me to create account, sync stuff o whatever. I only want to read epubs, I don't want an ecosystem and I don't want to be traced.

Yes, I know you can disabled many things, but it is better if simply the ereeader can't do it what you don want it do.

Yes, it is a little paranoid, but I find quite sad that lately is almost impossible buy anything that is not conect to the cloud or required a account or your mobile or something like that.

EDIT: Looking for more information I find someone with my same point of view and probably better written english: https://steamcommunity.com/discussio...7935540169183/

Last edited by cyttorak; 01-10-2019 at 11:09 AM.
cyttorak is offline   Reply With Quote