View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #21
Marioninyc
Marion
Marioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel isMarioninyc really knows where his or her towel is

Device: KindleDX
It's not true crime. It's a work of fiction. There are a lot of events that happened in the East Village at that time that inspired the writing of the book. It's also despite the gruesome nature of the murder, a literary novel and the murder while central to the plot is not lingered on. If you are looking for a disgusting gore fest, this isn't the book for you. If like me you are curious about horrible things and why they happen then the book is for you. It starts out with a body being found --- not the girl who was cannibalized, but a promising young man dead like River Phoenix or Heath Ledger or countless others of stupidity, and poses the question, "How could a man like that -- handsome, smart, with money -- fall so suddenly and completely?

(I know who Ed Gein is because I know his story "inspired" Psycho. But Psycho wasn't about Ed Gein. Don't know what TCM is. Update: Oh, Texas Chain Saw Massacre! Look, forget about the "inspired by" tag. Just take a look at the description. It's about ambition, obsession, losing yourself, lacking boundaries, real estate. Honestly, I don't even want you to read it if you're expecting TCM.)

Last edited by Marioninyc; 08-17-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Marioninyc is offline   Reply With Quote