View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwharrison View Post
There are clearly other ways this can be handled, and personally I'd like to see page numbers encoded in the books based on a print edition (publisher to select which, of course) so that page numbers could be shown without them changing based on screen size.
This would be kind of neat. I would imagine you would base the numbers on the hardcover (assuming the ebook gets released at about the same time).

I don't see why you can't have both the 'markers' that stay constant and also some sort of page number that shows a definitive number of pages (and what page you are on) that changes with font/margin/device differences.

Just bought the wife a K3 (which is the main reason I was checking out kindle on the iphone) so, I will see how that goes. It really does look like a pretty slick device. Plus based on the picture on Amazon, it looks like the % is shown, so that is something.

edit: and looking at the k3 pictures more, it does look like they display the last location number (which the iphone app does not do), so that in combination of displaying my current location (and the % complete) is pretty much all I need. Nice.

Last edited by foghat; 08-06-2010 at 10:25 AM.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote