View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
dwharrison
Info Geek
dwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
I understand this method gives you a definitive 'marker' so that regardless of font setting or device, you can find the same spot in your book, but that doesn't really matter to me.

I much prefer the way ibooks gives page numbers. Smaller font, less pages, larger font more pages.
Understood, but other people feel differently. In particular, people who need to cite works need an absolute reference that they can provide.

There are clearly other ways this can be handled, and personally I'd like to see page numbers encoded in the books based on a print edition (publisher to select which, of course) so that page numbers could be shown without them changing based on screen size.

Having said all of that, Amazon has done what they've done, and if you want to read Kindle books, you're going to see location numbers.
dwharrison is offline   Reply With Quote