View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Thanks.

This seems pretty useless to me then - at least if you are using it to try judge your progress through or the 'size' of a book.

What do these seemingly arbitrary numbers tell me? I have no idea how many 'pages' the book is, nor does it give me a % complete. I guess you can scroll to the end of the book and find out what the last number is...

I understand this method gives you a definitive 'marker' so that regardless of font setting or device, you can find the same spot in your book, but that doesn't really matter to me.

I much prefer the way ibooks gives page numbers. Smaller font, less pages, larger font more pages.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote