View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:22 PM   #34
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfox View Post
When e books first came out that were touted as being an alternative to print books, as they were going to be cheaper and easier for the consumer. What happened??? Some e books are now more expensive to buy then the print versions.
I remember seeing folks on the Amazon Kindle forum insisting that is what Amazon advertised, that Kindle books would be less expensive. I’m pretty sure those users were wrong, but there was no telling them that.

Ebooks are not a byproduct or fad. They offer many benefits over print books. Expecting them to be priced lower is unrealistic. Many users, myself for one, are willing to pay more for a digital book. It is worth more to me, because it is better.

Font size control, built in dictionary, multiple readers at the same time, instant delivery, many books in one device, and so on, make them worth more to me.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote