View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #143
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
You can't be serious can you? Do you buy your books because they don't sell and nobody likes them so therefore they must be good?

Do you base all your purchasing decisions based on the fact that no one wants to buy these things so they must be good?

Do you expect authors to write purely for your gratification and that of others. Maybe work to support themselves and their family at a job and stay up all night writing for your benefit?

Unless you yourself work many hours a day for nothing, only greed and and a supreme lack of caring for others can explain this attitude.

Helen
I read reviews mostly to base my purchasing decisions if I do not know the about author beforehand.

The points is that if your goal is to make money you should not try to be an author. There are much easier ways to make money. And more easier ways to make money writing then being a fiction author.

I expect people that tries top be a fiction author to have other goals and motivatons then earn money since that will most probably lead to better books. And I do not want to waste my time on mediocre books.

You seem to have some entitlement thinking here. Just because people make some effort to be a fiction author you seem to say that they deserve to earn money on it. This is totally absurd.