View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #22
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1406 View Post
Could you plz share with us, how to do this, I'm also, having a problem to use kindlestrip on windows.
thanks
Basically adapted from pdurrant's post:
  1. Download and install ActivePython 2.7.2 for Windows (x86) from this link. Even if you have a x64 system. When I used the 64-bit version, it didn't work.
  2. Download kindlestrip_v134.py.zip from the post linked (here)
  3. Unzip. To make it easier, I unzipped and copied kindlestrip_v134.py to C:\Test
  4. Copy the mobi files you want to shrink to the directory where kindlestrip_v134.py is located (i.e., C:\Test)
  5. Open a command window (Start --> Run --> cmd.exe)
  6. Use the cd command to get to the directory where the files are located (i.e., "cd c:\Test" without quotations)
  7. Then type "python kindlestrip_v134.py NameOfOldFile.mobi NameOfNewFile.mobi" without quotations and inserting relevant file names for NameOfOldFile and NameOfNewFile
  8. Hit enter and let it run. A smaller file with the name you put in place of NameOfNewFile should be present in your directory once it's done.

That should work for you!
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote