View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #8
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hard to say. I might be the only person in the world who finds the Forma hard to hold and didn't like it much. I sold my KA1 to get the Forma, only to send it back two weeks later and buy a Pocketbook Inkpad 3.

I didn't like the wide bezel and the buttons and couldn't get used to the shape of the screen.

For years I thought I'd like a wider bezel to hold on to, turns out I don't. I read lying on my side either on the sofa or in my bed, the sitting and holding a reader one handed might happen about four times a year when I have to see my doctor. And for me, lying on the side, the Forma was a royal PITA to hold. I kept pressing the buttons involuntarily and my hands were hurting because of the wider way to touch the screen. I thought it was just a matter of habit and it would change but then I was afraid to be stuck with it if I missed the return window, so I sent it back.

Also the unusual screen shape really bugged me. For the first time in the past decade that I've used a reader, it felt like reading with a device, because the screen didn't resemble a book page at all. I read for about five minutes, put the reader down, picked up my tablet and surfed for a while. Then read for five minutes and so on.

Now with the Pocketbook I read for hours without pause, forget about the reader and immerse myself into my book, like I've done all my life. And even though the screen is a little smaller and I know it is impossible, I'd swear there is more text on the Pocketbook than was on the Formas screen.

So make sure you like the form factor and the way you need to hold the device, before you buy one or get one with a really good return policy.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote