Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 03:52 AM   #1141
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
None of the sorts on the device are based on the file timestamp. The "Date added" is when the import was done. The "Recent" uses the last time the book was read, or, if that hasn't been set, then the same timestamp as the date added.

What that means is if you put a new SD card in the device, all the books in it will be at the top of the Recent sort. If you pull the card out, and put it back in, this should give the same sort order. If you pull it out and add a few books, when you put it in, the new books should be at the top of the Recent sort.

The device does track the card. If you take the card out and put another in, it will remove details of the books on the old card and import the books from the new card. This will put them at the top of the Recent list.
Thanks for the info!

But does this mean that a card that has ALWAYS been in the device will show up first on the list now? Because that is what happened with mine... I NEVER took it out and it was never an issue before the latest update. I first took it out when I was trying to do some fault-finding the other day (in fact, I had honestly forgotten it was there).
teija is offline   Reply With Quote