View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
ps: I would like to know who is that made this horrible work. (may be the author itself).
In the case of one local author, a 4 book omnibus with 134 CSS files—every bleeping XHTML file had it's own stylesheet so the text display was not consistent from chapter to chapter, never mind within the omnibus. Most of this was due to recovering her early books from her ex-publisher. Ghod alone knows who actually did the formatting or what program they used. I suspected a summer intern from embedding 5 font files for displaying cursive chapter headers and mixing graphics and text dropcaps. A couple of hours later, we were down to 1 CSS file, one embedded font, scene breaks that matched, etc. The miracles of regex/search and replace for the most part.

A bit boring layout but that's my personal preference and the author was happy enough to pay the remainder of the bill on time when Amazon accepted the upload on the first try.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote