View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 03:09 AM   #36
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
hehe, thanks for the response, but myself and probably 95% of people that own e-readers, don't have a clue what you just said.

I buy the book and it miraculously lands in my PC Kindle application and in my e-reader. It all nicely keeps itself up to date with the latest versions. I click Add-Books in Calibre and it loads into that application, and I use it to keep track of my authors, books, searches, etc. That's all I know I'm afraid.
If you are unwilling to use the previous version of Kindle for PC, then you can go to the Amazon website, Your Account, Manage Your Content and Devices, find the newly purchased book at the top of your list of content, and use the menu on the item to "Download for Transfer via USB" for your PW2.

That file will load into calibre just fine. If you want to remove the DRM as well, you'll need to read the instructions that came with the DRM removal plugin.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote