View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #22
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechAuthor View Post
That was an interesting read. Thank you.

Quote:
However, my main concern is getting a workflow that "just works" across KDP, Google Play Books, and iTunesConnect. Right now, from a speed perspective at least, <em> for emphasising words and <b> for bolding words is the quickest - for me.
If flipping between <i> and <em>, then I agree with JSWolf's recommendation of DiapDealer's "TagMechanic".

Or if using Calibre's Editor, his fantastic plugin, "Diap's Editing Toolbag".

Both make it trivial to change:

Code:
<p>This is an <i>italics</i>.</p>
into:

Code:
<p>This is an <em>italics</em>.</p>
Sigil Instructions for TagMechanic

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil.Tag.Mechanic.png
Views:	209
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	178852

1. In Sigil, highlight all the files you want to adjust. (Shift- or Ctrl-Click to highlight multiple files.)

2. In the menus, select Plugins > Edit > TagMechanic.

3. Set your settings just like this image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil.Tag.Mechanic.Settings.i.to.em.png
Views:	204
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	178853

Action Type: Modify
Tag name: i
Having the attribute: No attributes ("naked" tag)
Change tag to: em

4. Press the "Process" button, and this will flip all your <i> to <em>.

Quote:
I need to work within the currently accepted rules of whatever digital eBook store I want to sell on. And, as it currently stands, as valid as <I> is, it's not accepted in ePub 3 by every eBook retailer.
Just like others are asking, I would be interested in many more details too.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 04-28-2020 at 10:57 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote