View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
ilovejed: I didn't intend to say that they had hijacked ePUB as a format, just the extension. I think they need to support ePUB but with a different extension so that the users are not confused. There can be lots of different DRM systems present according to the ePUB standard. Should they all use the same extension? Wouldn't that totally destroy the format and confuse the final customers? Too much today rides on the extension to abuse it in this fashion.
In case you missed it, I agree with you on the extension issue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
As far as I know, the ePub extension does have a provision for DRM so I don't think there's any hijacking involved. I do agree, though, that they should use a different extension for DRM'd works to avoid consumer confusion.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote