View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #31
JDK1962
Groupie
JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (for PDFs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I fully agree with you. I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting... for a 9-10" e-ink reader with which pdf files with many images, graphs, etc. can be read. My 7" Sony 950 does ok with text when cropped with Briss, but even then the text is pretty small; a 7" size will not serve for most document pdfs. And I suspect that to read really large high res. image pdfs, the amount of ram and processor speed must be much larger than is common on current android tablets.
I agree as well, but after 1.5 years I got tired of waiting and gave into a sale at my local Costco. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 a few weeks ago, specifically for reading PDFs, and for that purpose, I love it. The form factor is great, as is having color.

I love my Kindle 3, and it's still my first choice reader, but I feel like my PDFs are finally liberated.

I would definitely not try reading a book on default (full) brightness.
JDK1962 is offline   Reply With Quote