View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #126
Cosimo
Groupie
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I have three plus an iPad.

Kobo Mini - This was my first Kobo. I love the small form. This is my secondary reader, usually only in use while the HD is charging. I also take it with me when I'm out and about for appointments and errands. I didn't care for the soft back but it is always in its cover, so not a real issue.

Kobo Aura HD - My favorite reader. If I'm not using it, it's on a table next to me or charging. I can't think of one negative.

Kindle 4 - I bought this in January as I was curious. It seems as if the screen is lighter than either or my Kobos (when HD light is off), more of a light gray color, whereas both Kobos look almost beige or khaki. I accept this could be, and probably is, just a personal quirk of my eyes / vision. I like how streamlined it is, even in the Amazon branded case. I'm not a fan of buttons but that is how it comes and they function just fine.

iPad - I don't like reading books on it for any length of time but it is great for magazines and comics.

I think Kobos and Kindles are pretty much equal, neither is a bad choice. If I didn't already have a Kobo library I could see myself just as happy with a Kindle, though I would want a PW.
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote