View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #182
RajS
Enthusiast
RajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-950
>
Quote:
When there is a paradigm shift in the market, the lazy complacent companies are the ones that suffers.
Hmmmm - to me that sounds rather like saying that in the Olympic 100 metres final the atheletes that don't win must be lazy complacent athletes just because they didn't win. It's just convenient for the consumer to take the view that anyone he doesn't like or isn't doing well isn't doing well because they're no good or too stupid. Generally the view of people who've never started a business or taken taken a risk in my experience.

Businesses fail for many reasons, sometimes they have constraints that they simply cannot shirk which put them at a disadvantage. I've seen plenty of business simply outcompeted by others better or newer or richer without the people in them being in any way being lazy or complacent. Also businesses often make reasonable decisions - at the time - only to find that events overtake them and they're in a worse situation than a later entrant.

Sometimes failure isn't even necessarily failure in a business sense - e.g. Betamax - didn't take off - but Sony made more money from format than any of the other VCR manufacturers did with VHS.
RajS is offline   Reply With Quote