View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #388
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I read non-fiction books, a lot - and on the Glo I can't access the notes which are usually in superscript adjacent to the text that it relates to.

There are several reasons why I can't access the notes:

- when I touch or lightly depress the superscript then depending on where they appear on the page I am likely to bring up the menu choice bar, or

- turn the page either forward or back

The superscript note has a line under it - which should indicate that by depressing the character it would take you to the part of the book where the Notes are - in fact nothing happens except to engage the sub menu or page bar.

So Kobo - you need to address this issue - it's pretty basic and one that other ereader makers seem to do without problems.

Of course, once you are in the Notes section then you should be able to re-touch the Note number and be returned to the page you were on.

It goes without saying zoom should also be a standard feature and be able to be accessed via a pinch method on the screen or the menus.

I don't just mean a Kepub - I mean it should work for all books that have been downloaded onto the Glo.

That's my 2 cents worth .... pretty darn basic and I would have thought that these sorts of things would have been addressed eons ago. Mmmmmm .....
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote