View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #155
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Says a lot about the kids.
Imagination unleashed is a wonderful thing. Too bad schools tend to beat it senseless more often than they encourage it.
My parents had no interest in reading the old and rare collection of classics that they inherited by chance. Nor did they overtly encourage their five children to read them. In fact, because of the perceived monetary value, we had to wash our hands before taking a book off the shelf and could not walk around with it. One of my earliest memories was being judged upon my ability to handle a book with care and respect.

It was a shock later to discover that anyone else had heard of William Shakespeare or Harriet Beecher Stowe or Edgar Allan Poe. In high school it was sad to see these dear old friends treated as a dry, forced study.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote