View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #40
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
I think you might be combining a couple of announcements, I think they have announced their 10 millionth Galaxy Note sold overall and also sold 5 million of the Note 2.
No, the article is talking about just the Note II. It's clear by their reference to a device that has just come to market "at the end of the year." And if you click the link in the article, the underlying article is even more specific.

Quote:
It seems like there are few options if you want the other high specs such as a fast processor, a lot of memory or storage etc. without also going for a larger display too, so the market has not actually decided they want these big displays they get them whether they want to or not if they want high end specs in other areas.
Well that's not necessarily true. At least in terms of memory and storage. Some of the smaller screen phones have card slots, but some of the larger ones don't, for example. I also just don't believe the companies dictate to us what to buy. People vote with their wallets. They decide ultimately what wins out -- so long as there are multiple choice to begin with. And when it comes to mobile devices, there is plenty of choice. Especially in terms of devices under 6 inches. Much less so with 7-8" devices.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote