View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #93
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyLau View Post
Thanks for your reply, I've removed the back cover and try to use the battery in Kindle on my Sprint Epic 4G with wired line, and it successfully turned on the Epic 4G and the phone shows its about 30% of the battery left, even I used the battery from Epic 4G, still no luck in getting into either diag mode nor fastboot mode. Any ideas?

PS. Both Kindle Touch's battery and Epic 4G's battery are 3.7V Lion battery, only difference is Kindle's is 1420mAh, Epic 4G's 1650mAh.

I can enter the HID(USB Recovery Mode), and if I tried to download the fastboot profile, it download six times, and it notice that download sucessfully, and then the lasting time is continue counting, the button still shows "Abort".
If it is not the battery, then maybe you have a bad USB cable, or a bad USB port on your computer. Try plugging it into a different USB port. Try a different USB cable. Try a different host PC. To test you computer, you could try a different kindle.

It is possible that your kindle has its copy u-boot bist image damaged in mcc so that fastboot cannot work without reflashing your mmc. This can be done with MfgTool and different profiles (that need to be created), which will work even with a completely erased mmc, which is how it is flashed the first time at the factory.

We could do that too if we had a complete firwmare image to flash to the empty mmc. What we can do now is flash images of individual firmware partitions, but there are protected areas that appear to be write only and read as zeros in user-land programs (like dd), so backups of those areas (like the first 32MB of mmcblk0) may be incomplete, and flashing them to mmc may overwrite good hidden data with zeros (bad). You need to be in kernel mode (or in u-boot), to read those areas of mmc. This concept of "write-only" areas of mmc was proposed by yifanlu, and it makes sense to me based on evidence that I have seen.

Fastboot will allow you to erase the entire mmc. I strongly recommend that you do NOT do that.

It is also possible that your kindle hardware has failed, in which case a replacement kindle is your best option.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-27-2012 at 09:06 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote