View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
This presents me with a dilemma. As a courtesy to the gentleman who gave me permission to use the jpegs he's produced of the original PD engravings I've put on the title and copyright page of the book I'm producing something like 'Illustrations © Paul Lewis ...' I'll have to decide whether to take that off when the book is ready for upload. It shouldn't be hard to work out some wording which gives him credit for his hard work, but doesn't say something which is not true. I guess I'll replace the © with 'thanks to' or 'produced by'.

I'm not obsessional, I'm not...

Regards, Alex
Yes, I think something like "The illustrations in this book were originally scanned by Paul Lewis", with perhaps a website URL, is nothing more than common courtesy, even if the law says that you could use them without asking.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote