Thread: Aura HD Setting up new Kobo
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by navderek View Post
Just posted about this in another thread for future FW feature requests....

The Kobo Aura HD does NOT allow you to setup static IP. In fact it just won't even connect to a WiFi network that is not running with DHCP. Very sad. My first eReader and I get this type of experience. I contacted support and they basically told me nothing they can do and that I need to use the desktop when I want to go online....BUYER BEWARE!
Very few IP networks do not use DHCP -- when you have a few thousand machines, using static addresses is a short cut to a I-love-myself jacket. If you need a static address for connecting to your Kobo ereader, use it's MAC address and set a DHCP reservation for it. This also makes it easier if you want to connect to another network outside your home since you don't need to muck with the networks settings every time.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote