View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #144
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
[...]I'm guessing maybe 50k words total which would average out to about 275 words a day, really only 1/4 of what I was hoping for at the beginning of the year, but still feel reasonably good about it.
Poetry has got to cut the word count down a bit, Kenny. It's been many years since I wrote any, but I seem to remember it being a very slow business. ... Come to think of it, the non-fiction isn't likely to happen quickly either (the research to output ratio is pretty high).

I've managed a higher count, mostly written in the wee hours of the morning, but most of that has been first draft stuff. Now that it's time to go back and prepare the previous novel for publication, my average is going to drop back pretty steadily for a while.