View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
nookman
nookman began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd
Question nook simple sdcard calibre format

Hi,
I'm using (2) Nook Simple toch readers with no problems...but wanted to add an SDcard to expand the storage. I use Calibre. A tick seems to be just load a few to the main memory of the nook, then load the large amount to the "Card A", thus leaving house keeping room on the main storage. This works fine, all books load etc. Then after a few minutes or power cycles/sleep/wakeups, the nook tells me the SD card needs to be formatted!. But sometimes power cycling the nook brings all books back. And even so, if I attempt to format the SDCARD with the NOOK itself, it will fail. The SDcards I used a brand new, 1 being a 16 gig Sandisk (class 6) the other a 32 gig Kingston Class 10.. Same results in both nooks. Tried all variants of nook FW from 1.1 thru latest. Even obtained the latest PC based Format Utility from the SDCARD foundation and formatted /tested on my PC first. No help at all.

So, it's not the SDcards, no a specific Nook simple HW fail or FW version...and so...I have a suspicion that the Nook Simple intenal design HW or firmware is faulty? Comments..ideas. Anyone have 100% good luck? If so, which exact model /brand SD card. Both Nooks are within warranty, so if this is an issue...I make them "eat em"! Nook tech says "use Adobe" to load the books (most are all unprotected purchased tech books) and they work 100% well in the main memory of the nooks, and also my nook color and ipad..besides, I don't think the adobe app allows a choice of loading to the SD card.

YIKES....HELP PLEASE
nookman is offline   Reply With Quote