View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Ohh, so this isn't anything new?
Well, it isn't to me. I've seen mention of them off and on for several years now. The Bioshock failure was about two years ago IIRC, well before I was on MR.
Quote:
I did a search for a title and this Anastasia Jere came up, never heard about her so I clicked on the name and suddenly got thousands of books. Even a prolific writer probably doesn't produce more than 150 books over a career, so I was just flabbergasted.
I can see how people who aren't careful may buy something like this. I'm surprised Amazon and B&N let them sell on their sites. If I bought something like this and then discovered what a scam it is, I would probably blame the seller for not having better quality control.
Agreed. Like I said, Smashwords (and I'm pretty sure BookieJar as well) both outlaw aggregator works, so finding out that the big boys don't, is a bit of a surprise.

Edit: I just noticed that some of his books have a "Books for Africa" logo. Maybe the Nigerian banker's widow found a new way to scam people?

Last edited by teh603; 09-16-2012 at 10:00 AM.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote