View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Thank you, it's quite a bit less.

Meanwhile I experimented a bit - copied some .p-s in css and named them .p51, .p52, deleted some lines in them. Then I took a chapter and changed some respective paragraphs into p51, p52 and started to play around with my new p-s.

Now, p51 is subheading and p52 is first paragraph (indent=0). In mobi there is no space between them, so I tried <br/> and got too much space - not one blank row like I expected. (Obviously margin-top:2em in css did not register in mobi)

Tried <p class="p52" height="200%"> - ok, got blank space. Wanted little bit more - and found that I can't change it. <p class="p52"> looks exactly the same as <p class="p52" height="900%">

Spent half a day experimenting and trying to figure out what is hijacking my margins, at last noticed <body class="calibre">. Always before had <body>.

Code:
.calibre {
    display: block;
    font-size: 1.41667em;
    line-height: 1.2;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 5pt;
    margin-right: 5pt;
    margin-top: 0;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0
    }
Only I can't understand how it's possible, every other code comes after it and should take precedence.

Maybe it's easier to dig right into mobi ... but all I want is some blank lines!
travger is offline   Reply With Quote