View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #75
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No one commented on my observation about Wizards and electricity. Am I the only one who thinks this story element was just contrived to give Harry a hard time in his daily life, like a nagging wife or a cowardly Great Dane? Or is there a mytho-historic reasoning behind this?

We know from the books that Harry can identify faerie-folk by touching them with iron (I've heard that trope elsewhere). But iron doesn't hurt Harry, and some electrical gear can function around him. And the extent to which he impacts electricity is very erratic: His old car will run, but the A/C konks out, for example.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote