View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #9
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billowz View Post
Hi,

I'm new to this forums and have little expertise with eReaders. However, I have noticed this exact same problem that Jack is having (covers disappearing).

Calibre definitely places files on the kobo eReader. Using Calibre to push books I have had similar problems and become quite frustrated.

There is something I noticed about this but not sure if it's relavant or not; When Calibre transfers books to the Kobo it automatically creates sub-folders according to author by default. I have found that if I remove the .epub files from the sub-folders and place them in the main directory of the kobo everything seems to work fine (the covers come back). Also so far I have yet to have a storage error on this particular reset although I am just waiting for it to happen.
And if I do a factory reset. And leave the books as they are in the sub folders the covers will show as well once the touch process those books. But once calibre touches my touch well its all down hill. Fortunately I can still manage my books save them to disk and drop them into the unit.
All with out calibre touching the touch.

good luck

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote