View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
"Print" directly to a Reader from Firefox

I've got a hack set-up I think some other people here might be interested in. Using Firefox's built-in PostScript printer support -- which allows individual printers to have their own margin etc settings and a custom command run on the output -- I can "print" from Firefox and have the result droped onto my Reader as an appropriately-sized PDF. The process is currently Unix-y only, but someone sufficiently determined could probably produce one which works under Windows too.

I describe what I've done in more detail and provide scripts & settings in a post on my blog:Hope people find it useful!

Last edited by llasram; 02-09-2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: spelling errors
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote